- About ACI-NA
- Join ACI-NA
- Committee Directory
- Air Cargo
- Business Diversity
- Business Information Technology
- Commercial Management
- Environmental Affairs
- Human Resources
- Legal Affairs
- Marketing & Communications
- Operations & Technical Affairs
- Public Safety & Security
- Risk Management
- Small Airports
- U.S. Governmental Affairs
- U.S. International Air Service Program
- Stats & Resources
- Products Guide
- 2013 Annual Conference
Airport Traffic Reports
North America handles more passengers and cargo than any other worldwide region - more than half of the world's busiest 20 airports are in our region. The following statistics represent estimates for every ACI-NA member airport.
Top 5 Busiest North American Airports - 2012 Traffic Count (Final Results)
|Top Passenger (1)||Top Cargo (2)||Total Movements (3)|
|Chicago O'Hare||Anchorage||Chicago O'Hare|
|Los Angeles||Louisville||Los Angeles|
|Dallas/Ft Worth||Miami||Dallas/Ft Worth|
- 2012 North American (ACI-NA) Top 50 airports (includes Passenger, Cargo and Movements)
- 2011 North American (ACI-NA) Top 50 airports (includes Passenger, Cargo and Movements)
- 2010 North American (ACI-NA) Top 50 airports (includes Passenger, Cargo and Movements)
- 2009 North American (ACI-NA) Top 50 airports (includes Passenger, Cargo and Movements)
- 2008 North American (ACI-NA) Top 50 airports (includes Passenger, Cargo and Movements)
- 2007 North American (ACI-NA) Top 50 airports (includes Passenger, Cargo and Movements)
- 2006 North American (ACI-NA) Top 50 airports (includes Passenger, Cargo and Movements)
Ranking only includes airports participating in the ACI annual stats collection.
1. Total Passengers: arriving + departing passengers + direct transit passengers counted once.
2. Total Cargo: loaded + unloaded freight + mail in metric tonnes. Data includes transit freight.
3. Total Movements: landing + take off of an aircraft.
2012 ACI-NA Airport Traffic Report
The 2012 ACI-NA Airport Traffic Report, produced by ACI World Headquarters in Montréal, Canada, contains passenger, freight/mail and aircraft operations data for 216 North American airports. Data, as presented in the report, is for calendar year 2012 or the most recent twelve-month reporting period available.
Commercial passenger information includes domestic and international enplanements, total and international passengers, direct transit passengers, non-revenue passengers, previous year's data and percent change between 2012 and 2011.
Freight/mail statistics are divided into the two separate categories when available. The information solicited was air freight (including express) and mail which was enplaned and deplaned at the reporting airport. Total freight and mail and total international freight and mail is provided, as well as the percent change in cargo growth between 2012 and 2011.
2012 North America Traffic Report, Press Release
If you have any questions regarding traffic statistics or are interested in obtaining a Excel file of the 2012 North America Traffic Report or previous reports (1994-2011) please contact Economic Affairs at (202) 293-8500 or via email at EconomicAffairs@aci-na.org
The information contained in ACI Traffic Reports has been complied on information submitted to Airports Council International (ACI). Although every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, ACI shall not be held responsible for loss or damage caused by errors, omission, misprints or misinterpretation of the contents hereof.