- About ACI-NA
- Join ACI-NA
- Committee Directory
- Air Cargo
- Business Diversity
- Business Information Technology
- Commercial Management
- Environmental Affairs
- Human Resources
- Risk Management
- Legal Affairs
- Marketing & Communications
- Operations & Technical Affairs
- Public Safety & Security
- Small Airports
- U.S. Governmental Affairs
- U.S. International Air Service Program
- Stats & Resources
- Products Guide
- 2013 Annual Conference
Who We Are
The Airports Council International – North America (ACI-NA) represents local, regional and state governing bodies that own and operate commercial airports in the United States and Canada. Over 350 aviation-related businesses are also members of ACI-NA, providing goods and services to airports.
ACI-NA’s members enplane more than 95 percent of the domestic and virtually all the international airline passenger and cargo traffic in North America.
The mission of ACI-NA is to advocate policies and provide services that strengthen the ability of commercial airports to serve their passengers, customers and communities.
ACI-NA is the largest of the five worldwide regions of Airports Council International (ACI).
What We Do
- Advocacy - ACI-NA’s professional staff in the Government Affairs, Legal, Environment, Safety, Security, Operations and Technical departments, works to ensure that legislation and regulations enacted in Washington, D.C., help airports operate more safely and efficiently.
- Promotion - ACI-NA actively works to generate favorable media coverage of ACI-NA, airports and airport issues. Communications staff responds to hundreds of media requests about airports and aviation annually.
- Communications - The staff also keeps members informed of key industry developments, trends and people through ACI-NA’s Daily Clips service, weekly e-newsletter Centerlines Weekly Update; quarterly magazine Centerlines; and monthly CEO-only newsletter CEO Brief; plus two blogs, Airport Check-in and Centerlines Blog along with regular e-mail communications from staff and committees.
- Research - ACI-NA’s Economic Affairs and Research department produces data that helps airports benchmark their operational statistics to industry standards. Surveys include The Airport Capital Development Costs Study, annual North America Traffic Report and annual Airport Performance Benchmarking Survey.
- Networking - ACI-NA’s 17 committees ensure that airport officials have the latest information on regulatory and industry issues. From Air Cargo to Business Diversity to Environmental and Operations and Technical Affairs, these groups develop policy, legislation and regulatory comments for the benefit of the airport industry. Committee members also discuss issues of common interest and plan conference programs so the content is relevant to what’s happening at North American airports.
- Education - ACI-NA produces more than 20 conferences and educational opportunities each year offering high-quality educational experiences for airport and Associates staff that are unique in the industry. Top-level speakers from government and industry, plus the opportunity for professional development, networking and learning about new industry trends and standards, are all conferences benefits.
- Annual Conference and Exhibition - ACI-NA’s Annual Conference and Exhibition attracts 2,000 delegates and exhibitors representing more than 150 airports through the United States and Canada. Airport CEOs, senior airport management, commissioners and other industry officials with decision-making authority attend the Annual Conference for education, industry insights and fun.
- Annual Contests and Recognition - ACI-NA has a rich history of recognizing best practices and individuals through its award programs.